Updated: Nov 21
Your brand is your company's reputation.
It's what people think of when they hear your name or see your logo, and it can make or break your business.
So how do you build a strong brand that will ensure your company thrives?
Contrary to what many people believe, you do not have to have a huge budget to build a brand.
Simply do these 5 things well and you will have the foundations to build a strong and successful brand.
1. Brand Identity - Having a clear and recognisable identity is crucial to building a good brand. This means that your entire company-from employees to products-should be identifiable, and the look and feel of your brand should be consistent throughout.
Everyone on your team should be aware of how they are contributing to the overall image of your company (and they should have guidelines on how they should do so), and no matter what product or service you offer, it should be recognisable as being from your company
2. Great Product/Service - Your products/services must be remarkable. Your customers will judge you based on the quality of what they receive from you, so make sure that each product or service you offer exceeds expectations. You can do this by consistently overdelivering on promises made in marketing materials such as ads and websites
3. Target Market- Simply put, the more targeted the audience, the easier it will be to emotionally connect with them. Client Avatars are essential to achieve this. When you base your marketing strategy on your Client Avatar, your business will resonate deeply with your audience
4. Market Research - Market research is an important part of building a great brand because it helps you understand what your customers want from you and how they perceive other brands in the same space. Conducting a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) on both yourself and your competitors can help you understand where your biggest opportunity is. What doesn't your competitor do well? That needs to be your strength
5. Purpose, Values and Mission - What is the purpose of your business? What are the values and beliefs your business stands for? What is your mission?
Ensure you live by these and you will attract customers that emotionally resonate with your business. Your business will have a personality and your customers will want to be part of your mission. They will build loyalty towards your brand and then become raving fans!